Friday, May 6, 2016

Triple Spiral Labyrinth


The triple spiral labyrinth, pictured here, is a wonderful symbol on many levels. It is an ancient pre-Celtic and Celtic symbol. Though it's original meaning is unknown, it was adopted by Christians in Ireland and became a symbol for the Trinity (God, Son, and Holy Spirit). What lovely image of the trinity it is. The intertwining of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the journey we all travel amongst them.

A new meaning has emerged for me in the triple spiral labyrinth that is grounded in my passion and purpose to "hold space and time for people as they journey toward greater spiritual, emotional, and physical wholeness." The triple spiral labyrinth embodies this journey, reminding us of the the interconnectedness of the spiritual, emotional, and physical aspects of who we are. As we journey toward full wholeness we must be attuned to where we are on each separate journey and how each journey affects the the others.

We are all on a journey toward wholeness while God's spirit and love dwells within us!

1 comment:

  1. Martha,

    I have some news to share. I have tendered my resignation at Menucha effective August 31st. You had mentioned once that you might be interested in our internship that never took off. How about the full meal deal? Spencer has two maybe three candidates so far.
    On another note: Love the labyrinth thoughts. I didn't really get into them until later, but I, too remember the seminary one. Since then you may recall I have helped build a few permanent ones. I also make any number of temporary ones on the sand of various beaches...just to be washed away with the tide. That in itself is an interesting spiritual practice. My new email address will be the seminary one we received from Upsem.
    Following up with that note, I've also applied to two D.Min. programs and so far been accepted at one of them. I'll still pastor the little church in Trout Lake for the time being; but most of my time will now be "chained" to primary care giving of my kindergartener, Pre-K, and almost 2 year old children and trying to run the household...a new chapter of life to begin. Hope all is going well for you. Peace, Scott Crane

    ReplyDelete