Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Finding Balance in My Life

Recently I've been feeling the need for more balance in my life. Over the past 6 months or so I have been focusing a lot on my health and career. Focusing on these two aspects of my life has been necessary but I was beginning to feel just a bit off. I couldn't pin point what I was feeling. None of my previous notions of what it could be fit. It was a bit disconcerting. One day it hit me-balance! I realized that in focusing on my health and my career I had pushed aside other areas of my life.

I recently "stumbled" on a concept that has really helped me better understand what it means to have a balanced life. Oola Life is a way of life the strives to balance 7 areas of ones life. Oola is a noun meaning a "state of awesomeness." They call these key areas the 7 F's: Faith, Family, Fitness, Field, Finance, Friends and Fun. This seems like pretty comprehensive. While I have just begun to dig into and learn about this idea of Oola Life I wanted to share with you all a short overview of each of the 7 F's.

Faith: The focus here is on gratitude, humility and our greater purpose in the world. Our beliefs about God and our Spiritual Practice would fit into this category.

Family: This includes everything related to your family. It is about your relationship with those in your family and how you interact with them.

Fitness: The focus here is on your health and wellness with a primary focus on "how you use your body and what you put into your body."

Field: This is your career what every that is at this moment; including students and stay a home parents.

Finance: Everything related to your person finance.

Friends: This is your social life including close friends and acquaintances.

Fun: "Explores your personal passion in life." This is about what you enjoy doing and really want to do for fun.

There is so much more to learn and explore about the Oola Life. You can find more information about  and use some cool interactive tools at there website www.oolalife.com. I encourage you to check it out and begin your Oola Life journey.

As I learn more about Oola Life and each of the 7 F's I will share with you my insights and experiences. I am excited about the ways this will help keep me be more balanced and authentic!

No comments:

Post a Comment