Monday, January 14, 2013

Stories of a Prayer Chair

As I stare into the candlelight and sit in my "Prayer Chair" my mind and heart are filled with joy, worry, struggle, wonder, and love. My mind wanders to the stories this chair might tell me.




What stories would this chair tell about those who have sat, played, cried, slept, and laughed in it? What would they teach me about my family, my past, about life, and how I live? Did those who sat here have the same inner struggles I do? Did they ask the same questions I ask? How did they respond to their struggles? How did they fight loneliness, sorrow, worry, sadness, and depression? How did they heal?

I know their energy is present in the place-in this chair. I too will leave energy in this chair. I trust that God transcends the energy and creates healing energy. It is this energy and love which sustains me, gives me hope, and gives me life!

No comments:

Post a Comment