Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Impact of Joyce

In the next few days Joyce will be taken off life support after complications during an an emergency surgery, she was 80 years old. I've only known Joyce for about 9 months but she had an impact on me. I first met Joyce when I attended the knitting/crocheting group at the church I attend here in the Fox Cities. Ever since that first meeting she always made a point to speak to me on Sunday mornings as well as during knitting/crocheting group. Her small acts of hospitality and kindness kept me coming back tot this group.

Today was knitting/crocheting group day and I witnessed the impact Joyce had on the members of this group. As we prayed for Joyce and her family tears flowed from just about everyone in the room. Joyce will probably never know the ways in which she was a vessel of God's love and grace. She will probably never know how many people her gentle and kind spirit touched. She will never know how much I appreciated her kindness because I never told her.

Remember we are all vessels of light and love. We may never know how much we impact another person. I am challenged by Joyce's life to be more intentional about my actions so that they may reflect God's love and grace to all I come into contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment