Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Holding Space for Healing and Wholeness

As I have look back on my years in educational ministry I realized that I have always been drawn toward experiences that create and hold space for worship, prayer, noticing, healing and listening. I seem to come alive when I can create and plan experiences that allow individuals to notice and listen for the ways God's love is present in and around them. I want to be able to hold space and time for healing of mind, body and spirit. I want to come alongside people as they journey toward wholeness.

Part of my current journey and discernment is exploring what "holding space and time for healing of mind, body and spirit" looks like. This can take so many forms. I have so many things that interest and intrigue me from the use of essential oils to spiritual practices to massage to yoga to chakra/energy work...the list goes on. Somedays I think I see clearly what this looks like but many days it looks like a heavy fog has set in and I can only see rough outlines of what is ahead. On the one hand this is discouraging because feel like I should be able to see clearly and know what I want to "be when I grow up." On the other hand having so many possibilities and avenues gives me the opportunity to explore and really hone into to my particular niche and calling.

I am reminded that we do not discern alone but in community. So today I ask for two things. First I ask for your prayers. Second I ask that you take a moment to think about what you know about me (my gifts, skills, passions, personality etc.), what I have said above and let me know what direction you see God calling me. You can message me or put your thoughts in the comments. Thank you!

I also challenge you to think about spaces and places of healing you can hold for others.



No comments:

Post a Comment