Saturday, August 8, 2015

A New and Exciting Chapter

Last November I left my position as Director of Christian Education at Memorial Presbyterian Church. This departure was unexpected and devastating. I had been work so hard to become a better leader and Christian Educator and to "make it work" and I thought I had turned a corner and was looking forward to a good year ahead. I was heartbroken, lost, angry, confused, and probably even depressed. I wonder why? I wondered how I move forward? I wondered what was next?

Well, after much prayer, support, and discernment I realized what was NOT next was working as a Christian Educator in a congregation. This took courage for me to realize and embrace this new reality. However, I wasn't sure where God was calling me next. I realized I had to discover what my true passion and purpose was in this season of my life. Thus, I began working with a Career Coach who has guided me on this journey of discernment.

I have discovered this is my passion:

To equip and come alongside people as they journey toward greater spiritual, emotional and physical wholeness.

It is exciting to dream about the ways my passion will manifest itself and grow into a vocation/career. I look forward to sharing wisdom, experiences and insights with you as I discover how God is calling me to live into my passion and purpose!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you, my friend! What a wonderful passion to have. I look forward to your journey. ::Hugs::

    ReplyDelete